Documentation Working Group

We’re proposing to start a bi-weekly Documentation call to talk about documentation for Hypha.

Please add your agenda items and topics here in the thread and also when you might be available!

Updated

There are limited resources for documentation writers though good understandable documentation benefits all within a project (and beyond to future users, devs and adopters) at present documentation is not considered until after a development task and is ‘playing catch up’ with development of the Hypha product. Documentation needs a space to discuss, inform, share and receive hep both from existing participants and new contributors.

• Goal: Documentation is ‘everyone’s’ responsibility and there needs to be a method for the lead documentarian (Emily C) to discuss, get feedback on and communicate any needs they have when writing documentation. The documenters need to know what and when they can share workload wise with docs.

• Outcome: There is a space where documentation is specifically supported and discussed and progress and priorities are monitored, unblocked and understood by both those involved in documentation and those not involved in documentation as regularly.

So given the above info

Do you have any critical concerns about adopting the proposal?

Are there any clarifying questions you all might have?

Any quick reactions to the proposal above (e.g. good, feels weird, I don’t understand etc.)

Participants:
This will of course be an open meeting, but here are the folks I think would be most helpful to have participate on a week-to-week basis.

• @eriol
  • @bernard
  • Any adopters or adopter-related folks who have questions/feedback (so we’d likely ping @rosy, @vinkthom, @zubakskees, @allan, and others, in meeting reminders)
  • Periodic attendees:
    • @frjo - when there are questions about dev-related stuff (e.g. processes/features) that can’t be answered on Zulip or WeChat or in the maintainers call
    • @blah - at the first meeting, to agree on initial organization/priorities, then if/when you’d like to join

Frequency & Length:

• I propose meeting every two weeks (worded another way, every other week).
  • I’d like to block out 90 minutes for a meeting, unless that’s impossible for others, with the understanding that we’d aim to only use an hour of the time (so that extra 30 minutes is just in case).

Timing:

• Best day/time for me (that also works with our European/GB colleagues) is generally Friday mornings (EST) - so an hour within the following time block: 2021-10-09T12:00:00Z2021-10-09T14:00:00Z
    • I’ve set October 9th as the proposed first date for meeting because I already have things scheduled this Friday in that time period
  • I know that the Friday time frame is really early for folks on the West coast, so a second possibility is Tuesdays immediately after the maintainer’s meeting - 2021-10-05T14:00:00Z2021-10-05T16:00:00Z
    • This is less ideal for me because I’m on baby duty during this time, but still possible if folks don’t mind the possibility of being interrupted

• Google meet room, to be added once we’ve decided on time.
1 Like

Updating availability:

I can do Friday’s 2021-10-08T11:30:00Z2021-10-08T14:00:00Z

I can do Tuesday’s 2021-10-12T10:30:00Z2021-10-12T13:00:00Z

Rough Agenda for docs working group meeting

• How can Adopters send in ‘I don’t know how to do this in Hypha’ requests for docs to the doc team.

• Google form plugged into Github → creates an issue
    • Github issue template
    • Few choices as possible for the adopters to be able to send a need in → what is this lowest barrier access to signal needs.
  • How does the docs working group use Miro in the best way for Hypha?

Another item (sub-item for doc request process):

• How do other orgs. do this? (i.e. what is their process for documentation creation/organization/updates?)

To be added to bi-weekly agenda: “If you want to join email dixie@hypha.app” - they’ll coordinate schedule up front, then create meeting, & serve as organizer

1 Like