We recommend including:
- Your name or alias
- If you’re representing a funder and want to use Hypha to power your funding rounds
- If you’re part of a technology implementation staff for Hypha on behalf of a client or funder
- What kind of contributions you might want to make or how you want to get involved e.g. time giving feedback on processes, maintenance of the project, code, design,
- What timezone or country you’re in
- What are your top of mind questions about Hypha and your needs?
We have a number of groups on this forum that can be tagged in a post. Anyone who is a member of that group then receives a notification when the message is posted. This is useful if you are looking for feedback from folks who interact with Hypha in specific ways.
See below for descriptions of groups. If you identify as a member of any, please go to this page and click “Join” on the the groups you’d like to receive notifications for.
- Hypha Adopters: The members of Hypha’s end-users that use a ‘deployed instance’ of Hypha OSS that they then use to manage funding rounds as a funder or other tasks that may not be connected to funding. These are the people that want to use Hypha’s functionality to do their funder work (or other work).
- Hypha Implementers: The members of Hypha’s extended community of contractors, maintainers and users that have ‘deployed an instance’ of Hypha’s OSS code and are the main point of contact for an implementation/s. They are often folks who understand Hypha’s code base and can edit and modify the code of Hypha.
- Hypha Maintainers: The members of Hypha’s extended community of contractors and contributors that ensure the project has up-to-date issues, progress, documentation and keeps running as an OSS project as expected.
- Security Group: The members of Hypha’s extended community that have clearance to view topics about security audits and improvements. This is an invite only group and specific to folks maintaining instances of Hypha’s OSS code.
- Hypha UX team: The members of Hypha’s extended community of contractors and contributors that work on the design, User Experience and Usability of Hypha.
- Admins: People with administrative permissions on this forum where they can make changes to settings and add and edit posts. The highest level of editing capability in this forum. Only someone with “Owner” status on this forum can add a user to this group.
- Moderators: People that can approve and allow messages and can remove or change anything that does not act in the spirit of our OSS Hypha community (Our Code of Conduct is pending at present but that will inform this roles capabilities). Only someone with “Owner” status on this forum can add a user to this group.
- Staff: A level of administrative capability on this forum that can change and edit settings and posts but also helps maintain the use of Discourse as an OSS forum provider/tool. Only someone with “Owner” status on this forum can add a user to this group.
- trust_level_0/1/2/3/4: A level of ‘trust’ that is automatically assigned to forum users as they post more and are know to be non-malicious entities within this forum. Trust levels range from 0 to 4, with 4 being the most trusted level.
There are a number of categories on this forum for specific topics which should all be easily understandable and readable via Categories - Hypha Community. Please ask questions if anything is confusing.
We have a growing documentation site here: https://docs.hypha.app/