Hi all, just wanted to note down some thoughts and feedback from DFF’s first round of using the Hypha platform. Some others suggested it could be useful to share and add to the ongoing discussions.
• While only a limited number of people gave feedback compared to the number that actually used Hypha, this feedback was overall very positive, with people saying it was self-explanatory and easy to use. Those who had used our previous application method also rated Hypha better.
• Copy to clipboard feature useful. Also liked the ability to download the application form as a Word document, which was very useful for preparing and discussing with the team before submitting.
• For messages, it wasn’t always clear when to use the communications tool within the platform, and when to just email directly.
• Uploading of documents was confusing at times. The platform did not clearly indicate whether an upload was successful/which documents were already uploaded. This lead to some confusion and unnecessary double-uploads. There was also an issue where uploads had hashes attached. And if a document was uploaded multiple times the hash became so long that it created an error that prevented submission.
• Only being able to share documents by linking in the application form, or uploading with the application, was a bit limiting. Would be good to have a space where documents can be easily shared.
• Once the application was submitted, applicants couldn’t download the documents they uploaded. It would be helpful to do this to double check whether the right version was submitted.
• Some issues with amounts. Some entered an amount using the European method where a full stop is the indicator of one thousand (i.e. 20.000 = twenty thousand), but Hypha read this differently (i.e. 20.000 = twenty)
• Having a word counter was really useful.
• There was the odd issue with logging in, but I think that was mostly from people not reading instructions properly, or the password link email going to spam. A few people also somehow created duplicate accounts, maybe through submitting an application, but also creating an account on the main log-in page.