Open Ideation meeting space

Open Ideation meeting space

Open Ideation space for ideas and enthusiasm ā†’ Monthlies + Miro templates + we.hypha forum post. Currently space for ideas, wishes and medium to long term thinking around Hypha happens in maintainer and adopter calls or in isolation without key stakeholders and poorly documented and ā€˜wrangledā€™.

• Goal: To have ideas sessions that donā€™t result in a forum post that is an unscoped massive workload. To make ideas sessions productive within priorities list and understandable in how achievable they are. These are then documented well and key stakeholders are informed of status and progress.

• Outcome: To have a ā€˜spaceā€™ where ideation happens, everyone understands and has access to ā€˜what ideation isā€™, that templates exist to support measurable (SMART) ideation efforts and that key stakeholders are informed of ideation efforts that are relevant to them. Adopters will also be closer to the design and discovery process and learn about how to scope well for their needs that will ultimately, improve design and dev timings and pipeline turn-around.

So given the above info

Do you have any critical concerns about adopting the proposal?

Are there any clarifying questions you all might have?

Any quick reactions to the proposal above (e.g. good, feels weird, I donā€™t understand etc.)

General comment: LOVE the idea of templates supporting development of SMART goals!

Questions:

• Iā€™m not totally clear on what ideation is and how it is similar to/different from what weā€™re already doing (brainstorming? wish-list generation?)
  • What platform are you thinking about documenting all this on (for the asynchronous/transparency components)?

Concern: Will people check/contribute to this this regularly (or at all) given the plethora of communication media we have (Zulip, WeChat, github, external meetings)? Are there ways to ensure ease & frequency of use?

1 Like

What weā€™re doing currently is really only specific to OTF and RESETā€™s work and the other Adopters arenā€™t do these processes (for mostly the reasons that they arenā€™t doing active feature enhancements or ideation beyond setting up their instances of Hypha to have feature parity with their past systems and also getting used to the flows in Hypha.

This Ideation effort is in part a way to include other adopters (and new ones) into an equitable process of how to input into features or come up with ideas because currently, they are quite isolated and mostly only ā€˜consultedā€™ for features being led by OTF or RESET (which may continue to work for a good long time, just itā€™s good to understand how OTF & RESET do their processes so they could participate actively in the future)

I think a combo of this forum, a Miro board (ownership and responsibility by SimSec) and then META/EPIC issues in the GitHub.

Oof this is the hard question - right now. No I donā€™t think so. I think this is something of ā€˜futureā€™ music and move towards what we want. i think involvement and busy activity is still a mid 2022 aspiration and I think the responsibility of explicitly including all adopters in relevant feature conversations is a shared responsibility of me (Hypha OSS Product Manager) and the individual representatives within the Adopter orgs.

The funding of that time and effort is a whole other topic which further complicates things. Worth delving into in the governance and summit in 2022.

1 Like