Maintainer’s Call 11th January 2022

:information_source: Don’t forget to add a post topic and date!

Logistics

:calendar: 2022-01-11T14:00:00Z2022-01-11T14:50:00Z

:tv: Google meet room: https://meet.google.com/nuq-pztb-asu

• If you’d like access, send a message to the @maintainers group.

Agenda

• :speaking_head: Anyone needs any specific time to discuss ongoing work?
  • :file_cabinet: Fredrik files (review of recent releases , active dev tasks/bugs)

• Add here
  • :couch_and_lamp: Adoptor Maintainer Corner *(if we have multiple adopters in the call please keep updates on adoptor specific features as brief as possible! :bowing_man: )

• Add here
  • :art: UX Design Corner

• Reporting feature updates
  • :notebook: Documentation Corner / What’s up docs? :carrot:

• Two new issues created in github about Creating accounts (#30) & workflow documentation (#31)
      • @eriol, have you been able to set up meetings with adopters re: workflows? Should I make it a priority to get the 4 hard-coded workflows documented before the January adopters meeting?
    • Re: Reviewer-applicant visibility & contact discussed in Nov/Dec adopters meeting
      • Issue recap: “Do any adopters want Reviewers to be able to contact applicants directly, within Hypha or outside of it, like via email (or conversely, want Reviewers not to see applicant info/be able to contact applicant)?”
      • @bernard, you mentioned there is a way to set whether reviewers can see applicant info–any change you remembered how to do this?
        • If not, AP for @emlini: create issue in github for someone to play around with this for later documentation purposes (also need to think about where this belongs in the docs)
    • Emily still updating github organization to match Gitbook
  • :triangular_ruler: PM Corner / Bow and Eriol :bow_and_arrow:

• :business_suit_levitating: Any Other Business or ‘Proposals ongoing’

:page_facing_up: Notes

• Copy paste Rise Up Pad notes here once meeting is finished.

Agenda

• Does anyone needs any specific time to discuss ongoing work?

• Eriol : Workflows py: hypha/workflow.py and the screen grabs: https://we.hypha.app/t/workflow-screenshots-mockups/229 have I captured these accurately? ask to @fredrik and @Di < Covered!

• Eriol : Discussion on Wishlist process and the project board: Features and enhancements: From Adopters · GitHub

• Eriol : Is [Files tab spike]: what does the files tab need to do for users · Issue #2634 · HyphaApp/hypha · GitHub a candidate for co-adopter collaboration?

• Add notes here

• Fredrik files (review of recent releases (Releases · HyphaApp/hypha · GitHub) active dev tasks/bugs)

• Add notes here

• Add notes here

• Adoptor Maintainer Corner *(if we have multiple adopters in the call please keep updates on adoptor specific features as brief as possible!)

• Release 1.7.5 Release 1.75.0 · HyphaApp/hypha · GitHub

• Not much over the holiday

• Been updates to django 3 to upgrade from lts

• Finance upgrades are getting pushed

• More security updates, and dependencies (node, django, etc)

• Coming up

• Finish up the finance features and then add tests to them

• DDP - Getting their first funding round done via Hypha

• DFF -

• Reset - Nothing new re. maintainer OSS - working on reporting feature

• OTF - Nothing new re. maintainer OSS

• OTF - Is there a documented standard protocol for implementers to propose code changes on their own instance or to the main branch? Is there a central communication channel or process for implementers to seek acknowledgement from other adopters about a new feature development or improvements?

• Eriol: Governance conversations can improve this and better understand what is happening.

• Fred: Not much has come in yet in terms of big work. Discussion with Fredrik to merge a PR. Contributions on the site are welcome - talk about on we.chat and contribute them via github.

• Dan: Documented in the wiki standard protocol, OTF is the one submitting code changes from devs and Fredrik is approving. Communication happens in PR’s and via Fredrik. On the adopters to update their own implementation when there are updates.

• PR’s from non OTF folks are enhancements not big features. Fixes of spelling etc.

• Security audit & how updates happen to that so there’s a grace period/ good faith process if these updates will negatively affect any of their instances.

• If you have an idea and you wnat to support it then bring it to maintainers as an idea they can fund/pay other devs that then go to Fredrik to approve.

• @AP Eriol to check this documentation.

• Spoke about the reporting feature build

• UX Design Corner

• Add notes here

• Documentation Corner

• Workflows

• Eriol is working to get other adopters workflows into we.hypha.app

• AP: Emily will create a new post that aggregates her understanding of the workflows that are known (using screenshots Eriol took)

• On visibility

• Working on documenting visibility of applications and personal information

• Github <> Gitbook sync still needing to be sync’d

• Set up a fund ‘I do not want reviewers to see identifying info about fundees’ @Eriol to help Emily find out how to capture these workarounds

• Doc WG time and day change

• PM Corner

• Workflows py: hypha/workflow.py and the screen grabs: https://we.hypha.app/t/workflow-screenshots-mockups/229 have I captured these accurately? ask to @fredrik and @Di < Covered!

• Discussion on Wishlist process: 3 proposals for adopter and maintainer input: Open Roadmap, voting / 'wish list' and Quarterly Milestone Rebase process

• Is [Files tab spike]: what does the files tab need to do for users · Issue #2634 · HyphaApp/hypha · GitHub a candidate for co-adopter collaboration? Set out the purpose of it and what it’s useful for and what goes into it.

• Any Other Business or ‘Proposals ongoing’

• Add notes here

I’ve realized I have a conflict for the Maintainer’s meeting and the Docs meeting until May. I teach from 9:30-10:45 (EST) on Tuesdays and Thursdays (unfortunately, I’m not able to pick the days/times, and the powers that be changed it from last semester).

I’m happy to attend the maintainer’s call from 9:00-9:25, but I think we’ll need to find a different time for the Documentation Working Group. I can generate a poll to see which other days folks might be able to attend the DWG.

If others have alternative suggestions, I welcome those! @eriol, if you are available tomorrow (2022-01-07T05:00:00Z) to talk over this with me, I’d really appreciate the help–but if not, not worries.

1 Like

I’ll cancel the docs call for now in the calendar but you can always put up a doodle poll for availability in the Documentation Working Group Meeting 28th Dec (or possibly Jan 2022!) forum post?

Alternatively the best times for me that work with a reasonable EST timezone are:

08.00am Wednesdays, Thursday and Fridays EST for 1 hr

13.00pm Tuesday & Fridays EST for 1.5 hrs

I have some information from DFF on this via email & past research on one of Bernards Miro boards.

I have a call coming up with ARDC to see their workflows.

DDP are still working on their Hypha Instance. We’re going to talk in early feb about workflows.

So for now we need to make sure the workflows we can gather (OTF, RESET, DFF and ARDC) can be reflected.
I’ve not requested a 121 with Dan re. Reset because he’ll likely be at maintainers so I/we can ask then.

Do you mean ‘external’ reviewers like board members or partners when you say this? I think this will likely differ for each adopter whether they want this or not so would need a @frjo sanity check on whether 1. this ability already exists and 2. whether it is used and 3. if it does exist and is not used how it could be better UX’d (a Bernard task) and possibly feature flagged.

Yes, by "external reviewers’ I do mean “board members or partners” but also org-internal folks who are reviewing applications.

I agree that this will depend on the organizations.

1 Like