Related to proposal: Open Ideation meeting space
- Open roadmap
- We have an open roadmap but it’s out of date (as of Sept 2021) hard to understand what is a core priority and what are instance/adopter priorities and what the process of adding to a roadmap is for existing and new adopters. I propose that the open roadmap is kept up to date per quarter and that twice per year on an adopters call the larger roadmap is discussed, inputted into and agreed upon (if relevant).
- Goal: To keep the roadmap updated but also to attempt to build a roadmap that can be voted on and/or open and informed by the community that participates in the OSS.
- Outcome: An updated and open roadmap that can be commented on, voted on and co-created by the people involved in the OSS
Currently how issues get prioritised is based on the primary adopters that founded the OSS Hypha product. Their needs are balanced with newer adopters that do not ‘invest’ in Hypha but are as equal stakeholders(?) in the adoption of the tool. The implementation of a voting or wishlist process for adopters that can be prompted on a timed basis (e.g. quarterly etc.) can help us to understand mutual features and collaboration opportunities or where adopters need diverge and resources need to be balanced or increased.
Goal: To build a balanced process for all adopters can participate in the improvement of the tool we create together. Equality and ways of balancing needs should be priority vs. prioritisation via investment amount
Outcome: A trial vote or wish list process that can be tested and improved over time.
- Previously Dan (Reset) and Sarah (OTF) would go through the repo’s issues on a quarterly basis at the end of a quarter and move milestones, close, contextualise and move issues around so they fit more with current priorities and processes. This is a good practice and quarterly may still be relevant but the triage/grooming team may need to extend to more functions (dev, design, adopter pm’s etc.) in order to accurately capture the issues changes. I propose that the OSS Hypha PM do a preliminary grooming of issues in order to raise them in the quarterly triage/grooming sessions and then there be a collaborative effort to make any changes.
- Goal: A continuous owning of the clarity and purposefulness of issues that exist in the OSS repository for Hypha and that they clearly reflect a need from adopters and/or other stakeholders/users of Hypha and this is a clear and understood process along with it being open and welcoming regarding participation.
- Outcome: There will be a quarterly pre-groom by OSS product management with a quarterly collaborative refined groom by wider team members and a report back to adopters on status via monthly newsletter. The quarterly open meeting where triaging happens by the product manager for the Hypha OSS. If people join and attend a facilitated conversation will happen if not then refined grooming happens via the product manager where either the lead developer, adopters, maintainers or designers are clearly tagged and asked for specific input that allows for the refined grooming.
Do you have any critical concerns about adopting each proposal?
Are there any clarifying questions you all might have?
Any quick reactions to the proposals above (e.g. good, feels weird, I don’t understand etc.)