Google meet room: https://meet.google.com/nuq-pztb-asu
Who will take notes?
To take notes, all’s you got to do is make a riseup note pad here: https://pad.riseup.net/
Today’s Riseup pad: LINK HERE
Attending (initials only): JM, FJ, DL, SM
Apologies (initials only): MG
Fredrik files (review of recent releases (Releases · HyphaApp/hypha · GitHub) active dev tasks/bugs)
- Remove React app
- Moved everything from Circle CI to GitHub Actions – we are no longer using Circle CI
- Email digest - at the Fund level. Example, different funds will receive different email digests. There is also one global email.
- Archive feature
- Removed slack notification when a draft was created – we have a separate draft event from submitted applications
- Continue to add functionalities on the Projects page, and remove functionalities we no longer need
- New linter call Ruf - took miliseconds when it used to take minutes
- WagTail 4 will take a couple of more weeks for testing.
What’s on the horizon?
Description: Learn more about new Hypha development
Plan to remove ‘public site’ or website. The front page of Hypha will be a list of open calls/applications
Switching from current font to a custom font. Window users will show a Windows system font; Mac users will get a Mac system font. Will not need to download the fonts to save time. This is for stock Hypha.
- CSV export
- create templates for other adopters to add custom template to match their organization’s font
- Revamp documentation with sections for ‘Getting Started’, ‘Guides’, ‘References’, etc, and make it more inviting for contributors. Next steps for documentation:
- release new version soon
- remove duplicates (ie there are several sections on workflows)
- look at ‘Getting Started’ section for gaps or missing information for NEW adopters
Adopter Field Notes
Description: We would love to hear any updates from current and potential adopters
We welcome the Prototype Fund Prototypefund - We fund open source projects to the Hypha Community! The Prototype Fund will be using Hypha for their next application round this February!
Question: What is the current QA Testing? Answer/follow-up: OTF will create a checklist and share with other adotpers
Implementing configurable email templates:
- Emails are sent in the background, adopters are surprise because they do not know what is sent out to applicants and when message are sent
- Do not want to confuse applicants
- It would be challenging to ensure tagging and templates are accurate; difficult for the sys admin setting up and maintaining the platform
Description: Events, documentation, communication updates
Description: New designs, wireframes, work in progress to share
We discussed the context for e-signature in contracting.
e-signature for contracting
- docusign - needs to have a good API to integrate with Hypha
- Do organizations plan to keep the contract on Hypha?
- What the user journey for signing the contract?
Recap from January 17 Meeting:
Develop an account creation feature that is configurable because for some adopters the account is secondary while others prefer all users set up an account straight away
Export application data as CSV
Developing a UI for writing a determination side-by-side with the application; another adopter is interested in writing reviews side-by-side with the application so the UI would be similar
An overarching challenge this upcoming year is to ensure end-users could bolt all the pieces of an application/fund/grant together. In other words, make it easier for users to launch a fund and keep track of all the components in a way that makes sense
A major pain point has been default or automated messages because it was difficult for adopters or end-users to customize and for sys administrators to provide end-users with support
- What is best to integrate with Hypha? zulip, slack, or another messaging tool? (another adopter asked this and I showed them the in-app notificatgions and email digest)
- Is the type face, fonts, colors on Apply configurable? The apply page is not configurable, but an implementer is developing customizations to the Apply side with style templates.
- Another adopter/implementer would like to collaborate with OTF on improving the accessibility of Hypha